Website Menu
Sub Menu
.

Meet the Headteacher

Welcome to the Royal Grammar School, Guildford in Qatar, an outstanding British School delivering a British curriculum to boys and girls. Whilst we are a young school in Doha we are a school steeped in the traditions of excellence, which has seen our home school, The Royal Grammar School, Guildford deliver an outstanding education to hundreds of thousands of young people over the last 500 years.

The school ethos we share with the RGS Guildford is that the duty of a school is to provide an outstanding all-round education which prepares a child for the challenges of their life ahead. The fact that a third of our graduating sixth form go on to study at either Oxford or Cambridge, that in 2015 over 79% of all grades at A level  and 95% at GCSE were achieved at grades A*/A shows the pedigree of the school group your son or daughter could be joining.

At the RGS Guildford in Qatar we believe that happy children are better learners and the pastoral care of all the children is of the utmost importance. Our British qualified teachers are passionate about the development of the pupils and understand that for a child to learn they must feel safe, respected and valued by the staff and by their peers. As such, classrooms are joyful and inclusive places where children learn traditional values of manners, respect and tolerance. We do this in the Prep School in mixed classrooms where boys and girls learn together. Children joining our Senior Schools will be able to benefit from our single-sex campuses offering an education tailored to boys and girls separately while enjoying a full, mixed, extra-curricular programme of music, creative arts and sport.

In order to help our students develop the all-round education of which the RGS Guildford is so proud we offer a British curriculum, tailored to the needs of our student and delivered in English. In addition we fully support the Islamic, Arabic and Qatari History curriculums specified by the Ministry of Education. We also offer a comprehensive extra-curricular programme of music, sport and the creative arts which we believe are the hallmark of an outstanding education. These enable our pupils to explore and expand their horizons and ensure the development of the whole child. As a result we believe that your child’s experience of life at the RGS Guildford in Qatar will be rich in opportunity and challenge.

The strength of any school lies in its staff and the RGS Guildford in Qatar has the highest standards when it comes to appointing those people who will work most closely with your children. Rigorous assessments, references and the requirement for all staff to be experienced teachers with British teaching qualifications means that only the best teachers come to work at the School. They are supported by an expert team comprising classroom assistants and specialist teachers. We, as a school, are committed to ensuring they continue to develop their skills through our ongoing professional development programme.

The RGS Guildford in Qatar’s Prep School sits in a quiet, residential area and offers superb support for the staff and student in terms of facilities. The newly renovated school building offers brand new classrooms which are large and airy, with plenty of space for the students to learn and a range of indoor and outdoor play areas. During lessons the children will find their learning is supported by both modern teaching materials such as the interactive screens and tablet computers we have in every classroom and more traditional resources such as our superb library and traditional desks. The wider facilities we offer will include top quality football pitches, basketball courts and our own swimming pool, plus indoor playing areas for hotter times of year.

In order to achieve the standards of academic excellence that the RGS Guildford schools are renowned for we place the development of our students’ ability to learn as one of our highest priorities. We are a school which understands and can teach the art of learning; we are a school which recognises that learning may not come easily; and we are a school which celebrates the students who have risen to that challenge. We believe that by becoming accomplished learners, students will be best prepared for the wider challenges of life whilst earning for themselves the results necessary to progress onto university and beyond.

Thank you for your interest in the RGS Guildford in Qatar, I look forward to welcoming you to our school soon and showing you and your child all that an outstanding education at the RGS Guildford in Qatar can offer.