Leading independent day school for boys aged 11 - 18
Website Menu
Sub Menu
.

International Projects

In an increasingly global context to the students’ education, the RGS has forged meaningful links with schools and organisations nationally and internationally. These initiatives, especially the partnership with the schools in Cambodia and Nepal, have served to increase the students’ understanding and experience of the world as well as providing scope for educational visits and projects.

International expeditions and trips also form a core part of each boy’s educational experience and help to raise each individual’s awareness of the contribution which they can make outside the walls of the RGS. This altruistic outlook is, and has been throughout its history, at the very heart of the School’s ethos. The trips are challenging and ambitious and are often one of the highlights of students’ memories of their school days: the camaraderie, the personal challenge and the enrichment mean the value of such experiences is an intrinsic part of each student’s development. Whether it is participating in adventurous expeditions in the Bavarian Alps or the Arctic Circle, performing concerts in cathedrals in Italy, playing rugby fixtures in South Africa or visiting Tunisia on a Classics trip, students have the chance to visit all corners of the globe, ensuring that the classroom is only the catalyst for their education.

"They really play to their [the boys'] strengths"
Good Schools Guide